THE FINNISH WAY
THE FINNISH WAY
Finding Courage, Wellness, and Happiness Through the Power of Sisu
An engaging and practical guided tour of the simple and nature-inspired ways that Finns stay happy and healthy--including the powerful concept of sisu, or everyday courage
Forget hygge--it's time to blow out the candles and get out into the world! Journalist Katja Pantzar did just that, taking the huge leap to move to the remote Nordic country of Finland. What she discovered there transformed her body, mind and spirit. In this engaging and practical guide, she shows readers how to embrace the "keep it simple and sensible" daily practices that make Finns one of the happiest populations in the world, year after year.
- Movement as medicine: How walking, biking and swimming every day are good for what ails us--and best done outside the confines of a gym
- Natural mood boosters: Cold water swimming, steamy saunas, and other ways to alleviate stress, anxiety, insomnia, and depression
- Forest therapy: Why there's no substitute for getting out into nature on a regular basis
- Healthy eating: What the Nordic diet can teach us all about feeding body, mind and soul
- The gift of sisu: Why Finns embrace a special form of courage, grit and determination as a national virtue - and how anyone can dig deeper to survive and thrive through tough times.
If you've ever wondered if there's a better, simpler way to find happiness and good heath, look no further. The Finns have a word for that, and this empowering book shows us how to achieve it.
5.45 "W x 8.17 "H x 0.58 "D
- Small Coffee Table Book
Author Katja Pantzar was raised in Canada with stints in New Zealand and the UK, Katja Pantzar is a Helsinki-based journalist and the author of The Finnish Way, which has been published in twenty-two countries. Her writing has appeared in a wide range of media, from The Globe and Mail to Elle and Monocle. Her work has been widely covered around the world, including in Le Figaro, Le Monde, El País, Vogue, Real Simple, and more.